Wednesday, September 2, 2009

What a week...

...so far, and it is not even Thursday. On Monday Harris had a doctor's apt -- a weight check. He is weighing in at 11lbs, 2ozs. This was a slow week for weight gain, probably because we have not yet mastered the eating situation! While Harris likes the Similac Sensitive he is still having some gastro concerns and so the doctor suggested two more switches. Between Monday and this morning we have made the changes. The first new formula - Harris gagged (immediately). The second he is not so fond of, but we will see! In the mean time Harris has decided he has absolutely no interest in nursing, and continues to have a very upset stomach. Needless to say it is frustrating for Mommy and Daddy and our little man is very upset - hungry and uncomfortable is NOT the way the little man enjoys feeling.

On Tuesday, September 1st I returned to work. I continue to have very mixed emotions - sad to go and leave him home, but excited at what lies ahead for me at the office. Harris has been in amazing hands with all the grandparents this week, and beginning on Friday he will be with his new Nanny - Martina.

And here is where it all intersects... Yesterday while I was at work I got a call from Grammy and Pop that Harris was gagging on the new formula and that he would/could (here again I am not sure if this is a choice or an ability) swallow. Also it seemed as though he had to go to the bathroom and just couldn't. My poor parents held out for a long day of fussing.

I came home and took my little man in my arms, and though I was tired, and though it had been a long day, and though I hadn't eaten, and Daddy was out I knew I had to go out and get the last chance formula. So I packed up Harris and we headed off to Babies R Us. They had one can of this special formula - the price tag lets you know it is extra special! Harris is content in his stroller so I take the opportunity to look through a few more things. We pay. We go to the car. I pick Harris up and I think WOO that is a lot of gas, and then I realize his bottom is squishy. UH-OH!! OF COURSE!!!

Days of Harris not being able to go have all culminated in this moment, after a long day of work, in the parking lot of Babies R Us, at just about bath and bed time. It was an explosion to end all others, it took all the wipes (both dry and wet) I had in the diaper bag, three diapers, a change of cloths and some fancy rearranging of items to free up the Babies R Us bag for the dirty ones - all under the soft glow of the street light, in the way back of our car, right next to my work bag - to ready us for the ride home.

Now that is a working mom moment!

1 comment:

  1. Have totally been there. Only mine was BJs and it leaked all over both of us as it happened while I was wearing him in the baby bjorn.

    ReplyDelete