Wednesday, August 5, 2009

No Naps = No Good

Yesterday Harris didn't take a nap. Now don't get me wrong he slept, I mean he still sleeps a good part of the day but, aside from the morning when he slept to 10:30 he didn't take the extended 3 hour nap that we have come to love. I didn't really notice, he was in and out of sleep all day and it wasn't until last night when Harris and I were out with Aunt Hayley and Harris was super fussy that it dawned on me that I hadn't seen him have a good stretch of sleep. Guess we are at the point where I need to make sure that is happening, because clearly the lack of this extended period made my generally pleasant baby fussy - all he wanted was to be held, and be held while he was holding his elephant, wrapped in a blanket and had a passifier in his mouth (which we generally do not do unless emergencies - but last night in Anthropologie it was definitely an emergency). THEN to top it off he refused to go to sleep when we got home - turns out while Harris looks like Daddy he gets overtired just like mommy and boy is it fun for the rest of us! SO new goal today - NAPS!

No comments:

Post a Comment