Monday, August 24, 2009

3 Months

Harris is 3 months old today (gestational age is one month) and in honor of the special day I weighed him -- well I weighed him and myself and then myself and did some simple math -- and VIOLA Harris weighs 11lbs on the dot! He is getting to be such a big guy. Each day we are seeing him get stronger, yesterday Mommy and Daddy were both impressed by how well Harris was holding his head up. Seemingly overnight we noticed Harris pushing himself back when he was being held. Of course with any new skill there certainly is a limit and usually this results in Harris head butting whoever is holding him - Mommy even has a war wound, a split lip.



I am sure Harris would have developed this head control on his own -- eventually, but I like to think the little man's progress is somewhat related to the exercises we do everyday. Harris was discharged with "PT for Home" and we have been working diligently. To promote this even more, and to get us all out of the house, I have been taking Harris to Gymboree. NOW - before I had a son I wondered why oh why would you pay to take a infant, who basically has no idea where he is or who he is with, to a class. But the PT mentioned Gymboree to me when Harris was still in the NICU, so I looked in to it - and we have gone to two classes and it is great! Harris's favorite part: definitely the bubbles. (Yes, I know I can blow bubbles I purchase from the dollar store at home!)

The class has been eye opening for me. Harris is the second youngest, there is one two month old, another 3 month old, and a few 4 month old babies. Our little man is the smallest and definitely can't do some of the things all the other babies can do (like support his upper body when he lays on his stomach, pay attention to songs, laugh, etc). BUT he can do a lot more then a 4 week old could and in the week between our first and second class he was doing a lot more himself. So we will keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment