Sunday, October 17, 2010

"Too many to count..."

Seventeen months in to this amazing adventure and I have been remiss in blogging it all. I am not sure why - many people have asked if I had ever intended on going past the first year. To be honest I had not intended on going past the NICU stay. But today when I was trying to remember details of our summer, I realized I needed to log on and share - if not for others for us - for the memories to be recorded... so here we go we are back in business.

Since my last entry so much has happened.. to many to specific events to record them all but here are some highlights:

We had a great summer - lots of swimming (which Harris loves) trips to the park, and visits from and to friends. Then, in August, we had a great trip to South Carolina with Ben and Quinn. While there Harris finally walked on his own. Itseems like keeping up with his cousins was so important that he took off! He also LOVED the ocean and could not be kept out.

Just before we left, Harris got an amazing gift in his life -- a baby cousin, Maxwell Landon. Harris LOVES Maxwell and by loves I mean screams Baby and "Maks" and then tries to throw a ball at him - we are going to say this an attempt to play.

The last four months have been a time of growth for our little man - walking was just the start. In true Harris fashion once he mastered walking he moved away from motor development and on to talking more and more. His receptive language has clicked - he understands almost everything we say and can follow a two step direction and his expressive language is exploding! A couple of days ago, I asked my mom for a professional assessment. I asked: How many words do you think Harris knows? Her response: Too many to count!

No comments:

Post a Comment